Things to do around Paekakariki & Kapiti Coast
- Visit the world famous Kapiti Island and a range of other fabulous environmental and heritage sites from Paekakariki to Otaki
- Experience the exhilarating 10km Paekakariki Escarpment Track. Click here for more information.
- Explore great coastal walks and cycle tracks throughout Queen Elizabeth Park. Enjoy secret sheltered picnic spots.
- Learn about local history at the Paekakariki Station Museum. Visit the 1942-44 training camps of 15,000 WWII US Marines before the bloody beach landings at Guadalcanal and Tarawa.
- Visit the world famous Southward Car Museum. Drive along the original Paekakariki Hill Stagecoach Road - for a century the only route north to Paekakariki and beyond.
- Book for local events from our famous Kapiti Arts Trail or Mulled Wine Concerts to a variety of gigs in St Peters Community Hall ranging from jazz, rock and blues to local theatre and play readings
- Walk down to the village for coffee, breakfast, lunch or dinner and soak up the lively community atmosphere, or order a fabulous wood-fired pizza from the local Deli.
- Two great full-service licensed restaurants in town: Finns Paekakariki, 04 292 8081, and the famous Fisherman’s Table 04 292 8125
- Visit Alan Weihepihana and Diana Fary in their inspirational contemporary gallery Beach Road (upstairs above the Deli).
- You’re 35 minutes from Wellington city, yet a world away in your beachfront haven…
Contact Don and Allie if you have any questions about what to do while staying on the Kapiti Coast and they’ll help with their local knowledge and point you in the right direction.
Contact us at Paekakariki Beachfront B&B
Phone: 04 905 8595
Mobile: 021 107 6141