Things to do around Paekakariki & Kapiti Coast
- Visit the world famous Kapiti Island and a range of other fabulous environmental and heritage sites from Paekakariki to Otaki
- Experience the 10km Paekakariki-Pukerua Bay Escarpment Track. This fantastic 3-4 hour walk is part of the Te Araroa Walkway – spectacular views to the South Island and out to Kapiti Island - click here for more information about this walkway
- Take other great coastal walks through Queen Elizabeth Park with views to the Akatarawas and Kapiti Island
- Explore interesting cycle tracks through Queen Elizabeth Park & Whareroa Farm
- Enjoy excellent sheltered picnic spots
- Learn about local history from a visit to the Paekakariki Station Museum & Signal Box
- Book for local events from our famous Kapiti Arts Trail or Mulled Wine Concerts to a variety of gigs in St Peters Community Hall ranging from jazz, rock and blues to local theatre and play readings
- Walk down to the village for coffee, breakfast, lunch or dinner and soak up the lively community atmosphere
- Order up a fabulous wood-fired pizza from the local deli
- Visit Alan Weihepihana and Diana Fary in their inspirational contemporary gallery Beach Road (upstairs above the Deli).
- You’re 35 minutes from Wellington city, yet a world away in your beachfront haven…
Contact Don and Allie if you have any questions about what to do while staying on the Kapiti Coast and they’ll help with their local knowledge and point you in the right direction.
Contact us at Paekakariki Beachfront B&B
Phone: 04 905 8595
Mobile: 021 107 6141